go Tonight Debra and Helen came over for our Thursday dinner. My weekly meal plan for this week included trying Mexican Fiesta Fish from Bob Harper’s Jumpstart to Skinny Book. After looking over the recipe I thought I could do it differently in a way that would be better and easier. So, I would say the recipe was “inspired” by his book, but in the end was very little like his recipe. It came out really well and I would definitely make it again. It was really easy to make, very flavorful and VERY healthy. Perfect!
http://pittsburgh-divorce.net/contact/?_wpcf7_is_ajax_call=1 I have also noted an adaptation for having a kid friendly option along with it at the bottom. This allows you to accommodate both parents and children by making similar dinners without making completely separate meals.
I also served roasted carrots and brown rice.
16 oz. jar of Green Mountain Gringo Salsa
1 lb of cod (or similar white fish)
2-3 cups of chopped broccoli
2-3 cups of baby spinach
2 lemon wedges
- Par-cook the broccoli by placing it in a microwave safe dish with a 1/2 inch of water, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile pour the salsa into a large saute pan and place the pieces of fish into the salsa, cover and simmer on low-medium heat for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Scoop the fish out of salsa into a bowl on the side and cover to keep warm.
- Add the spinach to the salsa, cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Add the broccoli, squeeze the two lemon wedges over the mixture and stir.
- Scoop the broccoli, spinach and salsa mixture onto a plate and place the fish on top.
ALTERNATIVE FOR CHILDREN: I placed two 4-6 oz. pieces of cod in a baking dish, placed a pad of butter on top of each, squeezed lemon on top, covered and baked at 375 for 20 minutes.
*This recipe is appropriate for Phase 2 & 3 of the 3 Steps Toward Optimal Health program.