If you like oatmeal like we do at our house, you will like these! The recipe yields 12-18 muffins depending on how much you fill each muffin tin. That means you have many to eat fresh and some to freeze for future use too. Nice!
*This recipe is adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie.
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups over-ripe mashed banana (measured after mashing)
- 5 TBSP of pure maple syrup
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 TBS ground flax seed
- Our optional add in of choice: 1/2 cup of craisins
Other optional add-ins: shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, raisins or other dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
Preheat oven to 375 F, and line or spray with cooking spray 12-18 cupcake tins. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients. Mix wet into dry, then scoop into the cupcake liners and bake 15-20 minutes.