If you like oatmeal like we do at our house, you will like these! The recipe yields 12-18 muffins depending on how much you fill each muffin tin. That means you have many to eat fresh and some to freeze for future use too. Nice!
Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Cupcakes
*This recipe is adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie.
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups over-ripe mashed banana (measured after mashing)
- 5 TBSP of pure maple syrup
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 TBS ground flax seed
- Our optional add in of choice: 1/2 cup of craisins
Other optional add-ins: shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, raisins or other dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
Preheat oven to 375 F, and line or spray with cooking spray 12-18 cupcake tins. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients. Mix wet into dry, then scoop into the cupcake liners and bake 15-20 minutes.