- 1.5 – 2 lbs of chicken breast
- 2 pts of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 -2 TBS olive oil
- ¼ cup of shredded basil OR 1 onion caramelized first (I substituted this once when I accidentally used all the basil in another recipe)
- 2-3 TBS of balsamic vinegar
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet between two pieces of plastic wrap and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Spray skillet lightly with olive oil, add chicken, stirring occasionally until cooked through.
- In a separate skillet, add the olive oil, garlic and tomatoes, stirring occasionally until tomatoes begin to wrinkle.
- Add tomato mixture, basil (or caramelized onions) and balsamic vinegar to the chicken skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
*Serve over wilted greens, pasta, brown rice, or cous cous, etc.