http://ghostprof.org/teaching/past-courses/436b201509/schedule-engl436buvic/ This is a recipe I found on myrecipes.com. Of course, I made a few changes. 🙂
- 3 links (approx. 1-1.5 lbs) of sweet italian turkey sausage in casings
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/8 crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 pkg fresh baby spinach (quantity depends on your intent to eat over spinach as a base or as an ingredient and instead served over rice)
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan (optional)
- Cooked brown rice (optional)
- Add oil to pan and saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent and remove from pan.
- Squeeze sausage from casings into pan (and red pepper if you like it spicy) and cook until sausage is browned and crumbled.
- Add onion mixture and tomato paste back to pan and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add handfuls of spinach, stir occasionally as it wilts. *If you intend to serve over the wilted spinach rather than rice, you wilt additional spinach in a separate pan.
- Serve over the wilted spinach or rice (top with Parmesan if you chose).