3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 TBS minced garlic
1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce (Your favorite brand or look for unsweetened Paleo approved version. I like Rao’s marinara.)
1 bay leaf
*Plus pasta, spiralized veggie or greens to serve it over.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the peppers, onions and garlic to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add seasonings (salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and bay leaf) and tomato sauce and stir.
- Place chicken in bottom of crock pot and pour the sauce mixture over the top.
- Put slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove bay leaf (if you can find it)
- Serve over wilted greens or pasta.