Did you know brussels sprouts come on this weird looking bush? Or is that a tree? I didn’t until recently. I’m not sure what I thought they looked like in the garden, but it wasn’t this vision for sure.
Anyway, do you like brussels sprouts? It seems you either love ’em or hate ’em. Well, I love ’em! Simply roasted in olive oil with a heavy hand of salt is my usual fave cooking approach. Last week I decided to try something a little different. I had an 8 oz. package of bacon in my freezer I needed to use from my monthly meat delivery from Walden Local Meat. A brilliant idea came to mind! Everything is better with bacon, right?!
buy Lyrica 75 mg online Ingredients:
8 oz. bacon
1-1.5 lb. brussels sprouts, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet layer strips of bacon and cook over medium heat until crispy.
- While the bacon cooks, rinse, clean and shred your brussels sprouts in a food processor.
- When the bacon is cooked to your desired crispiness remove the bacon, set aside and pour out most of the bacon fat that accumulated in the pan leaving slightly more than a coating for sautéing the shredded sprouts.
- Add the shredded sprouts to the pan, stirring to coat them in the remaining bacon fat and sauté over medium heat until only the consistency is still a little crispy, but cooked and not mushy (approximately 5-10 minutes.)
- Pour cooked sprouts into a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper, crumble bacon over the top and mix it all up.
- Enjoy – YUM!