Here is a healthy little side dish (or main dish even!) that I whipped together last night. You could easily swap out the spaghetti squash for another spiralized vegetable (or even pasta if you have to). Grilled chicken would be a great addition as well!
1 spaghetti squash
2 pints of tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
1 TBS olive oil
Sprinkle of “Mixed Up Salt” or similar seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, place both halves open side down on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until fork goes into it easily.
- Wash and cut tomatoes in half, toss with olive oil, spread out on foil lined baking sheet, sprinkle with Mixed Up Salt and put in oven with the squash for the final 20 minutes (squash will have been baking for 10 minutes already).
- When squash is cooked use a fork to pull out spaghetti strands from squash shell and place in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and basil and mix it all together.
- Add mozzarella to the top and serve.