Two nights ago I made this new recipe that was inspired by PaleOmg’s BBQ Chicken Casserole. I decided my 14yo would be more likely to enjoy this recipe if I used brown rice rather than spaghetti squash and omitted the spicy ingredients. It was very easy to throw together and only 30 minutes to bake. The family gave it a thumbs up!
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4-5 cups)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 – 12 oz bottle (or 1.5 cups) of BBQ Sauce
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Saute the diced red onion in the olive oil until they begin to soften. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 add’l minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, rice and onion mixture.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg, add the BBQ sauce and stir together.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the large bowl and stir all ingredients together then transfer into an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
VOILA! Dinner is served – with a vegetable side of course!