Did you notice the title of this blog post excluded the word “recipes”? Well, that’s because we are headed into February school vacation week and I’m not going to be doing much cooking. YIPPEE!
BUT I do have a surprise for you! We were invited to a friend’s house for dinner Saturday and asked to bring a dessert. I looked through my recipes and found one I haven’t made in YEARS: My mom’s famous chocolate cake. This cake is the most moist and yummy chocolate cake I’ve ever had. So, I decided I would share the love with all of you too. Life is about balance. I am very focused all week on eating well and look forward to a little more flexibility on the weekends. If you have a birthday coming up, party to attend or any kind of celebration, I suggest you hold onto this little gem and give it a try. I promise you won’t regret it! 😉
THE Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease, flour and line with wax paper two 9 inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour batter split between the two pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until tooth pick comes out clean when poked into center.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
6 TBS softened butter
2 2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup Hershey’s cocoa
4-6 TBS milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Beat butter in medium bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk while beating to spreading consistency.
- Stir in vanilla.
If you are on break too next week, have a great time! If you aren’t, check out my Recipes tab for inspiration.