go here Two new great recipes this week. I’m killing it! HA! I had purchased some of these items to make a different recipe (Roasted Chicken w/ Balsamic, Honey & Tomatoes), but due to some family schedule changes I opted not to defrost a couple pounds of chicken for two people. Instead I defrosted some shrimp I had since the non-fish loving hub wouldn’t be home and I created this yummy little dish. 6 ingredients, so much flavor, so simple, minimal calories, very healthy – What more could you want? I enjoyed mine over wilted spinach, but you could use rice, another kind of grain or pasta as well.
http://aj-smith.com/?feed=comments-rss2 BTW… You could easily adapt this for chicken or another protein of your choice.
1 red onion (6.5oz), diced
1-1.5 lb cherry tomatoes (21oz), halved or quartered
1 tsp minced garlic
1 TBS olive oil
1/2 cub shredded basil
1-1.5 lb shrimp
OPTIONAL: Whatever you want to serve it over. I suggest a bed of wilted spinach.
- Sauté diced onions in 1 TBS olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the onions are tender.
- Add garlic and cook for additional minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cooked vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Add shrimp to the pan and cook over medium heat until pink.
- Add the vegetables and basil back to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Macro Info: I measured the vegetable mixture into 3 servings. One serving of the vegetable mixture plus 4oz of shrimp was 217 calories, 18g carbs, 5g fat and 34g protein.