http://ezeta.com.ar/index.php?option=com_content Tonight I made a great new recipe loosely based on this one. It’s a great summer recipe that can be topped with any grilled protein. I chose chicken, but you could also do shrimp or fish.
enter I made some significant modifications to the original recipe. I excluded the beans to reduce the carb content and swapped the peppers for spinach. I also added sour cream to make the sauce a little creamier and used my own mexican seasoning blend. I opted to do grilled chicken rather than sautéed with the vegetables as a time saver as so that I could make extra chicken for leftovers.
14oz can of diced tomatoes
8 ounce frozen sweet yellow corn
1 TBS olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 TBS sour cream
16 oz sliced zucchini
1 medium diced onion
2 cups baby spinach
Mexican seasonings (mix 2tsp chili powder, 1tsp cumin and 1 tsp oregano)
*top with grilled chicken, shrimp or fish
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat and swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent.
- Add zucchini and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until zucchini begins to soften.
- Add corn, tomatoes and seasoning and cook another 2 minutes until warmed.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Add sour cream and mix until all ingredients are mixed.
- Serve with protein of choice.